Tuesday 16 December 2014

Digital Adventures

It's been quite a while since my last post. There are two reasons; one is that it is hard to put up many images from The Adventurers issue 4 as I don't want to run the risk of spoiling any surprises. The other is I admit I have been a little distracted by what was originally meant to be a side project.

Over the last year I have slowly developed more skill with digital drawing. In order to improve and hopefully speed up my process as a result, I decided to revive an old character and redraw an old story I did while in my late teens. The idea is to see if I can complete a comic completely digitally.

The character is known as The Electrifying Bolt and here is the first completed, colour picture of The Bolt in many years (or possibly ever). He is a really fun character to draw. I know Mike Stoneburner finds him fun to write as well. He helped me tweak some gags from the original story and Mike and I have shared many laughs just throwing around ideas for origin/future adventures of The Bolt over the phone. Hopefully you'll be laughing out loud at his (mis)adventures soon as well.

The Electrifying Bolt flies again and yes... that background character is wearing a suit made entirely of wood.