Monday 15 June 2015

Adventurers comic page 5

The Adventurers Chapter 1 page 5: The Dragon.
Don't worry, the whole comic is not all going to be about how reading is so great. It's just meant to show that Ellie is an avid reader. I think it may come across a little bit preachy but that could be due to the fact that I'm a teacher. I was privileged enough that the school I work at got excited about the launch of The Adventurers and I was allowed to talk to the school about making The Adventurers comics and to sell a few ( I have no problem preaching about the fact that they are great vehicles for promoting reading :) ) Talk about worlds colliding! Seeing kids reading The Adventurers on the playground at recess and lunch was a very surreal experience, not to mention being asked for signatures. Lots of the students commented that the "Grandma" joke was their favourite.