Monday 19 June 2017

Side by Side 5

The original Bolt _page 5


This original page really highlights how you can cram too many of your influences into one page!  Among the 90's greats that are all being emulated (not very successfully), This page is very much a tip of the hat to Larry Stroman who incorporated a lot of abstract geometric shapes and lines into his comic art.
The Electrifying Bolt - Page 8

The Electrifying Bolt - Page 9

I'm still not sure changing the wings for a "chopper" was the best choice but Mike's "Squeaker, Squeaker, Squeaker" Sound FX definitely was.

I'm not sure the new panel 1 on page 8 is actually better than the original. Panel 3 on the same page is a recreation of panel 4 on the original. Ironically I think the original has better perspective than the redone panel in which I actually did use perspective.

Panel 4 on page 9 is actually a favourite of mine. It's not dramatic or particularly cool but it is a time when I just let the drawing flow without overthinking it. In my opinion it has a bit more of a "Style" than the other panels.