Friday 21 September 2012

The Mask-ed Wonder



     

Brigand: Triumphant.

This picture is to celebrate the launch of  a new Aussie comic this weekend in which this character appears. He is called Brigand, a gladiatorial fighter who is known by the adoring masses as The Masked 
(pronounced Mask-ed) Wonder. He is one of two stories that appear in the comic called, coincidentally enough, Stories.  It is an anthropomorphic action, adventure and humour story written and drawn by my brother Dan Tribe. 

Brigand: Bring it.

This is the first time I have ever done some successful pictures of Brigand. I'm so excited for this to see print that I woke up last weekend with some inspiration and these two pictures are the result. For the second one I envisioned the Platypii Posse reflected in his gauntlet but that's not how it turned out. Dan said he had a similar idea so I look forward to seeing that pic!


Here is Dan's version of Brigand.


These guys also make a fun appearance in issue #1. Two members of the Platypii Posse! 

Dan and I grew up making comics together. To see this in print is the realisation of a dream for the both of us. Back then I used to write the stories for Dan to draw. The best thing I ever did was stop writing for him as his stories are much more entertaining!