Tuesday 22 July 2014

Rocbadger Leaps into Colour!


I have been known, from time to time, to experiment with colouring pictures even though I'm a very avid fan of black and white art. I drew the following sketches at Supanova 2013. I decided they would be good for some colour and digital media practice.

Original Ellie sketch.

This was coloured last year. I was told that the cell style shading wasn't really hitting the mark. I haven't gotten around to improving it yet. This is the first time these pictures have been on The Adventurers Comic Blog. They were originally posted on The Adventurers Comic Facebook page. You can see I've used the digital tools to add a city skyline where there was none.

Ellie in colour.

 Here is a Rocbadger sketch that was also drawn at Supanova 2013. 


The original black and white sketch.

The work in progress, using the Manga studio 5 stock gradient sunset. I also used the ruler tools to straighten up the brickwork and construct a straighter looking city silhouette.

Finally some colour and shading has been added.

The finished pic. This is the first time I've shown these coloured sketches online. I changed the sunset and added some texture to the brickwork. Hope you enjoy it.