Thursday 17 July 2014

The Adventurers process sneak peak.


I decided to share some process/progress pictures of a panel from the upcoming issue 4 of The Adventurers to prove it is progressing, if a little slowly. This page called for a big panel as it's a special moment.

Ellie overlooking the city.
 Buildings have been sketched in and perspective lines ruled. It's always tricky trying to get some different building designs that also look like they belong in the same city.

Refining the buildings.
I have changed some of the buildings in a effort to give it a more art deco feel. Also to give room for more buildings in the background to help show more of the city.

Initial inking
Initial inks have been applied and I've blacked the shadows. The scene is set at night and I want to make it look like the light source is the streets below.
Almost finished.
Shadows have been added to the characters. Gradient lines to the buildings. It still isn't complete. The next step is to make some adjustments digitally. I will tweak the buildings in the very back ground in order to create the illusion of more distance. I will also experiment with more shadows in the foreground. Digital is wonderful because of the "undo" function. I can try something and if it doesn't work, I can just undo it.

There you have it. A progress page from The Adventurers Issue 4.